How does a neck bruit just disappear?
This does not make sense?  My PCP found a loud bruit on my right neck, slightly below the carotid arteryabout a month ago.  She said it was very loud and was concerning.  The doppler came back fine.  Then my cardi did an echo which showed severe mitral regurgitation.  Thought I needed repair surgery.  Then he sent me for TEE which showed mild regurgitation.  Today my PCP listened to the bruit again thinking it would be there loud and clear.  she wa shocked to find out that it is no longer there.  She listened for a lengthy amount of time to try to find it .....but definitely not there.  Unbelievable.  I'm going for a CTA of neck/head.  What's going on???  My dr. is baffled.  Could this be something bad going on like something embolic, etc......
I went to my doctors the other day for her to say I have a whoosing noise in my right side of neck  she's sending me for a scan it's very quiet noise is there anything to worry about I'm in very good health also they told me not to book my holiday ?