Heart Disease Community
How long can I expect to live

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

How long can I expect to live

I have an estate to worry about. Given all my conditions how long can I reasonabley expect to live?
I have read your health history, and you do have many health issues, but no one can predict how long some one can survive.  It depends on how effective is your treatment, etc.  Think positively.  
I am a Hospice nurse and what I tell my families and patients is that truthfully the death and dying, and life processes, are so unpredictable. Usually until the last few days, I do not like to predict. What I know for myself, and what I know for Hospice policies, is that we need, and like, to have all things in order, estate issues and all, right away, immediately upon admission to Hospice, no matter how close the patient may be to death. It just makes things simpler and gives our patients and families one less thing to worry about during this stressful time.
I agree with Ken on this one too....there is no way to determine anyones life span ....not as human to human or even physician to patient.  Personally i feel that a physician can only do so much in treatment of any person and i think that so many other factors filter into this arena....i too read your history on your profile and it seems to me that you have alot going for you and that you have beat the odds a couple of times now.  I think that the bottom line is that no matter what anyones health condition is that it is always great to be prepared with getting all of our ducks in a row in terms of what our wishes are for our family and friends thru estate planning, etc.  On an average males now live to be somewhere in the 75-78 year old range in the U.S. so you have already beat those odds...alot depends on your body, hereditary factors, lifestyles....etc.  For me anyway i probably would not want to know when my date came up.....i think that you are doing the right thing period with getting your affairs in order whether it be 25 years old or 89 years old..one less thing to worry about.