Heart Disease Community
How long does it take for blood pressure to go down?

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

I recently went through about 3.5 weeks of a cold virus that I got from my 2 year old (how nice).  It was in my head, went to my chest and everywhere else.  If I coughed one more time, I would scream.  I still hack every now and again.

Anyway, right before I got sick, I had a physical and my BP was 122/80 (and this is normal for me). Well, when I got the cold virus, I was taking about 3-4 different types of medicines (Tylenol Cold, Robentussen Cold, Nyquil, etc).  I though I could burn it out of me. I wouldn't take them all at once but evey 4 hours.

Towards the end of the three weeks, my BP went through the roof (185/107)!  Of course, this kicked off a little of my anxiety which didn't help the casue either.  I figured it had to do with the decongestants I was taking but wasn't sure.

I then was catching myself checking my BP everyday.  Is this too much? How long does it take for your BP to come back down to normal?  I'm almost afraid of taking it becasue I'm afraid that its not normal.  I feel pretty good (no where near what I did) and have been exercising so that helps but I know in my mind I want it down in a day but does it take a little time to come down?

Thanks,
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
SUNRIYZMT is ...freakin out waiting o... Comment
Infowars commented on The Turbinates: What ...
May 28
suzukijax added the Blood Pressure Tracker
May 27