Heart Disease Community
How many patients diagnosed with Prinzmetal agina found problems in the...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How many patients diagnosed with Prinzmetal agina found problems in their LAD artery which eventuaally lead to an MI?

From what I have read online here regarding prinzmetal, I am seeing common themes.
I am also as frustrated as the rest of you.  I have had what was at first called an artery spasm with no damage,
at 42 in 1989.  My Cardio Doc said I had 40% blockage in the LAD artery.  But he said I would never die from it.
First attack was brought n by major stress. The Grand Rapids, MI cardio Doc was able to duplicate my attack
during the heart cath.

Next  "episode" 19 years later, last Easter morning, I had severe chest pains while getting ready for a sunrise service.
I was away from home working on an indian reservation for a non profit.  I was looking forward to meeting friends.
I thought I had taken good care of myself after a busy volunteer week. I was sent to Rapid City Regional where I received the most knowledge and best health care.  I had an MI and was being observed for 24 hours or so I thought.
Results were a very mild heart attack.  The heart cath showed the LAD artery had colapsed near the bottom of the
artery.  Nitro was shot into the artery and it was reopened. I have not had any stents etc. And yes i did have underlying stress factors once again.  Anniversary of death of first stillborn birth and deployement of my
36 year old son for a third tour in Iraq.

So what I see is stress and LAD artery as clues.

How many have had both of these factors involved in your angina?

To the Doctors---Besides Meds and stress reduction, what else can we do?

It is really frustrating.  I have told my Doc I feel like a ticking time bomb. And her anser is you always say that!
Yep I do. Because I am concerned.

Spazz in Michigan

This discussion is related to MI, Prinzmetal Angina?.
0%
 (0) 
LAD artery problem/blockage
0%
 (0) 
Stress Induced
0 Members voted