Heart Disease Expert Forum
How "key" is chronic stress in atrial fibrillation?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

How "key" is chronic stress in atrial fibrillation?

Posted By Colleene on July 26, 1999 at 10:48:04
My husband was recently treated for an episode of AF and all of his tests came back normal.  Echo, x-rays, bloodwork of every kind.  I'm glad those are normal, but it's frustrating not being able to point a finger at some cause.  I have done a lot of research so far, and aside from the "physical" conditions that can contrubute to AF I've read about alcohol, caffeine, and stress.  My 32 year old husband has been living with chronic stress (from work) for years now, culminating in all all time high over the past 6 months.  How "key" is stress as an initial trigger, or how much of a danger is it now that his AF has been diagnosed?  I thank you for your time.

Follow Ups:

Re: How "key" is chronic stress in atrial fibrillation? CCF CARDIO MD JMF 7/26/1999
(1)

How "key" is chronic stress in atrial fibrillation? PAUL 7/29/1999
(0)