How to Increase LVEF % in 5 months
    I have been diagnosed with Non-Ischemic Cardio Myopathy, I am a normally healthy male 47 years old 5'-7' 180 pounds and, a Truck Driver. I have no blockages according to Cardio Cath Inspection yet that and, an Echo Cardiogram showed I had 10% LVEF 6 months ago. Meds to bring me up to 23% last month( 6 months later ) are as follows Lisinopril 20mg per day,Carvedilol 25mg per day, Spironalactone 25 mg per day, and Furosemide 40 mg per day. I must reach 40% LVEF by May or I loose my Job, I have 18 years of seniority at this company. My question is, what else can I do to speed up my healing process and reach and/or exceed this 40% LVEF requirment by, the Department of Transportation.
A study published in the journal Panminerva Medica demonstrates PycnoQ10®, a pycnogenol (French maritime pine bark extract) and coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) combination, naturally improves heart function. The 12 weeks study results showed heart ejection fraction increased by 22.4% in the treatment group whereas only 4% in controls.
I am afraid that going from 24 to 40% in 5 months it is quite difficult... However here are some ideas:

1) You are not at maximum level of Carvedilol (50mg/day) Does your dr. think that you can go up? The only limit are your blood pressure and heart rate.

2) Have your heart been evaluated for a de-sincrony? Is your QRS interval longer than 120ms? In those  cases a Bi-Ventricular Defibrillator can improve it. But I do not know the limitations to drive with it in your country.

3) Although this study applies to older people, you can try the vitamin, minerals and amino-acid mixture that this paper suggest.
http://eurheartj.oxfordjournals.org/content/26/21/2238.full.pdf+html

Jesus
You got good advices, but do not forget about  the sodium intake. Every food you eat has sodium ,even vegetable , just naturally. Best you can do is prepare and cook your own food.  Every bite you eat you have to write down.  Or better to put it: you must have a plan what to eat for every single day. And use your calculator. You can find many good sodium list on the internet. 1600 mg per day you can have from all food no more. Also you have to have 2000 calorie a day. So be sure those two numbers are accomplished. The 1600 mg has to divide 3 or 4 ..Depending   how many times you eat. It means reading labels, get the low sodium bread etc. Do not use salt at all, or if you do calculate it in. For example one egg has about 70mg sodium even if you don’t put salt on it, just naturally.
It is fun to do actually when you start it is a challenge but then it will be easy.
I had 20% EF in 2003 december. Had 3- ultrasound test in the next year. I was walking for cople of months, after I started to run , yes RUN. Was telling myself if I die I die, but I will do it……I did….20 minutes daily.
I took that sodium thing very seriously, because those suggested that were healthcare workers also having the same illness.  …after couple of months one can change the 1600 mg sodium to 2000mg…………..
Doctors often only say take the salt away  from the table, it is NOT ENOUGH !
When you will read all food and how much sodium they have in only then you can see how easy to  eat 3000-4000 or much more  mg a day not even realizing it. Pretty awful thing. And very sad many people with falling heart do not pay attention to that very important factor.
My EF went up from 20% to 35%  about 3 months .. than 40% .. than normal about 6 months later.
You can do it! Good luck!!

also.... As a truck driver eating low sodium even a bigger challenge, being on the go, but do not eat fast food AT ALL ! All loaded with sodium.
Do a Nuclear Stress test. In my experience the ratings are always higher there than with an Echocardiogram. But, ... no guarantees!
jrbon, vienna13, offer wonderful, common sense advise in my opinion.  Occupant offers an option as well.  
You are taking very good drugs to remodel your heart.  I'd ask if you are smoking.  If you are, you must stop or you won't accomplish your goal.  Salt should be your enemy, as is fast food, as mentioned.  Vienna and I raised our EF dramatically by exercising.  Exercise can be easily done by getting out of your truck and walking at least 30 minutes at a fast pace, preferably more if you can. You really need the meds, follow a heart healthy diet and exercise every day.  
Following Occupant's idea, be sure and let the tester know what is at stake when you are tested this spring.
Many of us on this site have raised our EF factors.  Let us know your progress.
    Thank you so much for your input, I have been taking Co Q 10 for 6 months and will continue. I forgot to mention among so many things, my Cholseterol was high and I am taking 40mg of Simvastatin per night. The CoQ10 started the same day along with higher doses of fish oil than I usually took.I have no blockages but am not in what is commonly know as good Cholesterol standing. I just had blood work done a few weeks ago and it is better but not optimal. I'm moving in the right direction, I am pleased.
   Thank you for your ideas, a pace maker is something to think of with my left bundle branch block, to increase LVEF by 5% as a last resort according to my Cardiologist. The Defibulator is out of the question to maintain a commercial drivers license here in the U.S. I do like your idea to ask about increasing the carvedilol. We started this with the lisinopril, from 2.5 per day to 10 twice per day over these 6 months. All ajustments were due to my B.P.. We have only once increased my carvedilol just a few weeks ago. I didn't know we could go higher, he didn't mention it. My B.P. is steady at 105/68 each time I check it twice per day. I will call and ask if an increase is in the near future for me. Thank you.
    Thank you vienna13,
I am in good hands as to my diet. I was instructed immediatly while in the Hospital as to how to eat and hydrate in a Heart Healthy manner. I was limited to 2000mg of sodium and 1000ml of liquid per day and taught the importance of recording each thing that passed over my lips. I have always eaten healthy but I found plenty of room for improvment. I love to cook and do every day for me and my two children. I let them add salt to their plates but always offer them spice alternatives.
    Thank you for your idea. I will ask my insurance if that Test is covered and then ask my Cardiologist if he will do that one instead of the other or in conjuction with the other to have that for his own study.
    I was a smoker and a drinker but quit both 6 months before all of this started. My Girlfriend wanted to quit both, so I made life for her easier by not doing it either. I remain a non smoker and non drinker to this day. I do not miss it and, I will never allow myself to return those vises.
     I have asked multiple times for a Cardio Exercise Program from my Dr. but he tells me, " no, it would take away from new strong cell growth ". I question that now because at this point I am not high risk of fibulation in my opinion. I know that to build muscle , the muscle must be worked beyond it's normal level of existance. The  doubt of my own opinion is that the heart works all the time, he is the Dr., he has my long term health in mind, I have an agenda of my own, with short term health a priority. Thank you for your input Flycaster305, I too, cast Flies and Jig's, tied by my own hand of course. Nothing is more rewarding than to watch as your own Fly is sipped down from the surface by your favorite game fish !    
Good to read your posts. You are on the right way! Keep it up and let us know.

V.

vienna 13  plz give me suggestion
vienna 13  plz give me suggestion
hello everybody, this raj from india and i am a soldier, by profession. my dad who is 60yrs has only 20% lvef. Further, he is insulin dependant diabetic with hypertension and diabetic retinopathy.  since march this year, we got to know of his heart functioning. He is reluctant to avoid saltless food and past one week, he sensed that he was having problem in holding grip ie like while drinking his tea, he used to drop his glass. I read ur articles and have told him to totally neglect salt in any form.  what other symptoms and diets do u experience or follow??....i want my father to be happy n healthy, so plz advice and share ur valuable info....if u can please mail me also- navanit_075***@****
thank u friends, my prayers r ever with u....god bless
soldier raj
Hi, is it possible for you to give me more advice please?
How did it go?  How are you doing?
Hello Raj, I hope your father is doing good. My father was too diagnosed with same issue. Can you please let me know what course of action did you followed and treatment involved?

Achint
veinna 13 can you tell me the medicines name which u taken. thanks my wife also the same problem