How to increase heart pumping rate?
My uncle is 44. He is in hospital due to continuous bleeding with urine. Doctors detected tumor burst in his bladder and suggested ASAP Orthotopic Neobladder Reconstruction (ONR) surgery to replace his bladder as it's damaged. **But the problem is he has hearth problem too. He has one block and his hearth is pumping only 37% of the blood that fills the heart. Doctors said that in this condition, he can't take any heart diagnosis. His surgery is the day after tomorrow and the doctors said there is chance that he may not come back alive after the surgery. The surgery requires him senseless and he may not awake after the surgery for heart failure.

I don't know much of what I have written about. But all I want to get him back safely. So is there way to increase the heart pumping percentage overnight?
Unfortunately, the ejection fraction is not something that can be changed overnight.  It may come back to normal with time depending on the situation or it may stay low forever.  Certain medications can be used to increase the pumping ability of the heart temporarily but not necessarily change the ejection fraction.
My father is 56 years old. He had undergone bypass surgery in 1998. He is diabetic and high BP (blood pressure) patient as well. Now recently, last year he had echo done and observation was his heart pumping rate has reduced to 30%. This year yesterday he got it tested again and pumping rate has come down to 20% and water is accumulated in entire body. Could you please suggest few methods to increase his heart pumping rate.
It isn't the hearts rate which requires increasing. The problem is that the heart is too weak to pump enough blood with each cycle, suggest muscle damage. They need to do an extensive investigation to establish what is going on. If his heart strength is decreasing so rapidly, I am shocked more hasn't been done. Last year they should have performed a nuclear scan and Angiogram to establish if any intervention could improve his heart. If he is strong enough now with heart failure to undergo those tests, I would want them done quickly.
Thank you for the reply. Could you please tell me if Heart transplantation can be done to my father?
I am not a Doctor, just someone with a lot of first hand experience. Transplantation is a huge step and being 56 years old it would depend where you live in the world. In the UK you have basically no chance of a transplant over 50 years of age because there are not enough donated hearts available. They go to children and young adults first. A huge trial has just started in Europe involving over 3000 patients across 11 Countries to determine if injecting a patients own stem cells improve the heart muscle. I believe this will be the way forward because it means no rejection problems. Your own stem cells are taken from your bone marrow and turned into cardiac stem cells. These are then injected into the patient. Have you spoken to the cardiologist about the reasons for the heart failure?
Hello, Yeah My father's heart failure reason is the main muscle which pumps the blood to other parts of the body is damaged and also blood is not there in the bottom of the heart itseems. This is what doctor has explained to us. This stem cells technique which you have mentioned above, can that be used to resolve my father's current problem.
His exact problem is Global Hypokinesia of LV.
Hi, I am Venkatesh, 23 from Tamil Nadu, my father has the same problems you have mentioned above, Is your father alright now, Please tell me about the medications that your father had undergone....waiting for ur reply...
Hi, this is aravind from Tamil Nadu, My father recently had a CABG, and now he is alright, but he is having some Shortness of breath and cant able to breath after 10 to 15 stairs. And also his EF level is very low as 30%.  I seen as you mentioned stem cell transplant from own body is good to improve a EF, can u explain about it once again for my father condition.  Is it possible to increase EF.