Hypertension in youths
I'm a 26yo Male 6'1" 205 good health. Fall 2006 went into ER for Migrains discoverd BP was 172/102, come to find out later after constant migraines ( that I thought were related to hypoglycemia ) were due to pulmunary hypertension. I went to my DO he and he didnt seem to have an issue with a 26yo male having a BP on a 24/hr avg 166/96, so I asked for a refferal to a cardiologist. Later I had a workup done follwoing a CT, Renal Duplex study and a Agiogram ( because they thought i had bi-lateral renal aterie stenosis, which I did'nt) Only in my Ciliac Axis was there stenosis found with an 80% occulusion. I was taking Lisinopril after having a cough I had been taken off the ACE inhibitor, now I take Hayzaar 50 12.5, on avg my B/P is 148/88. Only a daily baisis i'm borderline tachycardic 98-116. When excersising I avg 166 HR, which worries me. if I get down or lay in certain positions it feels like my head is gonna explode, and even sometime while ambulating. I don'y want kidney failure nor do I want to be stuck on meds my remainder, Does anyone have feedback on what it might be, should I have a stress echo or have my adrenal cortex checked along with my thyroid? I want to trouble shoot my disease because it prevents me from daily excersising. I also read a few blurps about chronic depleation or dehydration can cause hypertension in my case I drink less than a dialysis pt, lol because either i forget or don't thirst.
You really need your 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.  I had trouble with it too, but once you get into a routine, it becomes easier.

I'm sorry to hear you're having all these health problems.  Medications for life are probably going to be the way for you, but I would pursue this.  Do you have a family history of hypertension or heart disease?  
Did they find any kidney problems?  Kidney problems are one of the leading causes of hypertension in young people.  If they have not checked already, ask to be checked for a ureter obstruction.  I had hypertension at age 19 and they found one of my ureters was almost completely closed which was causing one of my kidneys to not function correctly.  Hormones in the kidneys regulate BP so if the kidneys aren't working properly, BP can be altered.

I had my obstruction surgically corrected only to have my high BP return when I was 24.  They found that I now have a renin imbalance in my right kidney because the kidney was so badly damaged due to all of the years the obstruction was there.  I will likely be on BP medication for life.  I am 32 now and take 2.5 mg of Lisinopril.  It is rare that the effects are permanent like in my situation but my Dr. said he has seen it before.

Your BP readings are too high. It's one thing to have an occassional spike in BP but if it's high when you are feeling relaxed it's probably going much higher when your under stress.  It is important to get it under control.

I don't know anything about pulmonary hypertension but if that's the reason for your high BP, you probably should see a pulmonologist.  I see a nephrologist (they specialize in kidney related hypertension).  They are much better equipped to handle these types of specialized problems than a family Dr.

If I were you, I would try to find the underlying cause.  Often times hypertension due to kidney problems can disappear after the kidney problem is resolved.  If the source can't be found, it's important that you get your BP under control.  If you have tachycardia as well, a beta blocker might help you.

Good luck