Heart Disease Community
Hypertension

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Hypertension

My faher has hypertension. He is taking medication but still his blood pressure reamin around 90/170.

Also, he is dibetic.

I am looking for alternative medicine which can help to reduce his blood pressure.  As per my limited research, flaxseed oil is good alternative medicine.

If anyone taking this or any other alternative medicine then pls let me know.

THanks a lot
Shashi
Dear Shasni,
    I have had High Blood Pressure for many years. And I have to tell you I have heard of a few natural approaches to normalize blood pressure, but on further study I found none  make much of a change if any change at all,It would be nice if all of us that suffer the medications side effects could switch to some vegetable extract or the likes and be well again. I Got the help I needed form nutritional excellence, only sadly after my heart was found to be blocked and I under went angoiplasty with stent.
In America, are raised on such high fat foods, and foods very low in nutritional value that
the arteries of the heart and other organs are put under stress. One of the big results of this is high blood pressure. It is essential to get the pressure under control firstly with meds. Not all meds are tolerated the same by people, so you must make sure your Dad trys as many as he needs to until he finds the one that he can function on. I tried without exaggeration ten until my cardio Dr (new Dr at the time) who is a long distance
runner as myself, said he had a bp drug that works for runners. and he was right .
When I got home from the hospital after my heart procedure I was not well, my blood pressure was under control, but only with medication, the same with my cholesterol, and blood thinners etc etc.
Any way I prayed and asked the Lord to help me in finding the way back to being healthy. And two years later I have to proclaim be came through for me in a huge way.
That day I was lost , and in amongst all the sick folks in the heart forums and magic pills and chelation therapy offers. I put a search on google "LIFE AFTER STENT" and I found Dr Fuhrman. He is a Dr living in New Jersey who sees over 5000 patients a year most are at risk for heart disease, many have diabetes, high cholesterol, etc etc.
A number of his patients are people who  have been told they must undergo open heart surgery and or stent implantation to save there lives, and have opted for Dr fuhrmans life style change. And in over twenty years of helping people  as sick as these the have all goe on to get well. their blood pressure normalizes , cholesterol does the same and diabetics no longer take insulin . I can back up what I am saying here because I am proof it works. I have had blood pressure as high as 230/ 110. My cholesterol was over 260. I was on lipitor 80mg, two high doses of blood pressure medication. my meds were $4500 per year. On Dr furhmans life style change my Cardio Dr has had to over the past two ywears lower and lower my meds as my blood pressure and cholesterol came down and down. My drugs now cost $200 per year ,my blood pressure this morning before daily meds was 114/64 which is normal for me these days. my cholesterol is 142 total ldl=71 hdl 59, I am only taking 10mg lipitor  for cholesterol, and trace amounts  for b/pressure.I had a check up with my cardio Dr last week and he said I am doig every thing right and only wants to see me in a year.  Please get Dr Fuhrmans book ' EAT TO LIVE " $6 used on amazon .com.I got my health turn around from his book alone. And his web site is DRFUHRMAN .COM. I thank Jesus for pointing me in the right direction. And I believe and have no doubt  if you follow Dr fuhrmans advice your  Dad can get his health back too.
                      Brian Clark.