Heart Disease Expert Forum
Hypothyroid/heart issue

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Hypothyroid/heart issue

I have hyperthyroid disease- but I'm not currently on any meds for it (my doc wants to wait and see if my leels change)  I'm 48 and not in menopause but I do have Lyme disease.  I'm having weird sharp pain (not on the ribs above my heart- but around the heart itself.  I'm having nausea and a feeling that something is just not right and kinda dizzy and it gets worse when I breathe in or bend over. I don't have any mental issues or anxiety and the pain goes staright through to the back of my shoulder blade - being a lyme patient I'm used to weird symptoms that coem and go but this isn't going away.  

I see enough doctors as it is  and I need to know if it's worth their time and my money to make an appt.

In other words- would YOU bother going if this was you?

I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time.  What you have sounds like it could be pericarditis, or inflammation of the lining of the heart.  This can be caused by a number if things, primarily viruses and medications.  Lyme disease can certainly cause inflammation of the heart and its lining, so I would certainly get this checked out.  It usually isn't serious and is self-limiting, but taking some NSAIDs such as ibuprofen may help your symptoms.  Best of luck.
I also get bouts of very high blood pressure (especially at night)