Heart Disease Expert Forum
Hypothyroid/heart issue
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hypothyroid/heart issue

I have hyperthyroid disease- but I'm not currently on any meds for it (my doc wants to wait and see if my leels change)  I'm 48 and not in menopause but I do have Lyme disease.  I'm having weird sharp pain (not on the ribs above my heart- but around the heart itself.  I'm having nausea and a feeling that something is just not right and kinda dizzy and it gets worse when I breathe in or bend over. I don't have any mental issues or anxiety and the pain goes staright through to the back of my shoulder blade - being a lyme patient I'm used to weird symptoms that coem and go but this isn't going away.  

I see enough doctors as it is  and I need to know if it's worth their time and my money to make an appt.

In other words- would YOU bother going if this was you?

1495448_tn?1326846430
I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time.  What you have sounds like it could be pericarditis, or inflammation of the lining of the heart.  This can be caused by a number if things, primarily viruses and medications.  Lyme disease can certainly cause inflammation of the heart and its lining, so I would certainly get this checked out.  It usually isn't serious and is self-limiting, but taking some NSAIDs such as ibuprofen may help your symptoms.  Best of luck.
2 Comments
Blank
I also get bouts of very high blood pressure (especially at night)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity