Heart Disease Expert Forum
I am INDIA please give me reply soon SIR.......

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

My brother is age of 20 and he is suffering from Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.. so please i request u sir to give me treatment about this problem because we have done every test what had doctor had said to ur to do.. His left ventrical has be blocked and 75% has been blocked.I have every reports of my brother,I kindly request please send the treatment of this disease and i have searched on the site about this disease but i couldn't find any recover about this disease.. So I please request u Sir, please send me treatment about this disease.....I would be very thankful to u Sir............
suniboeni,

thanks for the post. With the internet, Im always amazed at how small of a world we now live in.

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is a disease of the muscle of the heart which is characterized by thickening of the heart muscle. As the heart muscle enlarges is can cause problems with the way the heart functions. Sometimes the part of the muscle that enlrges causes obstruction of blood flow out of the ventricle and thus HCM is classified as obstructive or nonobstructive. With severe obstruction, sometimes surgical removal of the septum, or percutaneous alcohol ablation is performed to relieve the obstruction. HCM is common and occurs in about 1/500 patients and can be inherited or acquired through diseases such as longstanding HTN.

The main problems caused by HCM are arrythmias and symptoms such as chest pain and SOB which can be caused by heart failure (sysolic of diastolic).

There are several modes of treatment and without knowing the details of your brothers case I cant specifically comment. Medications such as beta blockers and calcium cahnnel blockers are often used to relax the hypertrophied heart.  Sometimes, especiall in patients that present young, with a history of SCD, or those with severe disease and ICD is advised to prevent sudden cardiac death.

The Cleveland Clinc has an electronic consult service that would be glad to review your brothers case and make some recommendations. We also have a large experience in treatment options for patient with HCM.  

good luck.

I dont know much about Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy but I know a great cardiologist. I dont know what part of India you belong to but if you are near Chandigarh I would highly recommend Dr. Talwar. He treated me for my tachycardia in 1997 and I did not have any problems for 7 yrs.
I have had tachycardia since I was 13 and have been through a never ending ordeal of trying different medications since last year. Quite a few kinds of beta blockers and calcium blockers...so one thing I know for sure is that everyone reacts differently to the same medication. So if your brother does not react to one do not worry.

Hope this helps.