I am hopeful
I had a heart ablation for AFlutter eight days ago. I was awake during the entire procedure. I could feel when my doctor was burning, but the pain was not unbearable. My procedure lasted approx. 2 hours. I was kept in the hospital overnight without any incident. I am on 25 mg of Metoprolol daily to keep my heart rate down. I think the medication makes me feel worse than the ablation. I have walked a couple of miles on two seperate ocassions, both without any problems. One week after the procedure I rode my bike fairly slowly for an hour and a half. I felt fine until I stopped and I could feel the flutter starting. I was inn Aflutter for an hour or so then my heat converted but my rate stayed around 100 bpm for another two hours. Having read some of the other posts, I feel fortunate, but I am still in wait and see mode. I am hopeful!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The prognosis for patients with type I atrial flutter who undergo catheter ablation is excellent, with a very low recurrence rate. So, your symptoms should improve. Good luck.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you for the information! I am one month out from my ablation procedure and have not had any other heart rhythum episodes. I belive my doctor was able to stop my AFlutter. It is great to be able to exercise without chest pain and dizziness.
Good to see your doing well. Take Care.