Heart Disease Community
I am hopeful
About This Community:

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I am hopeful

I had a heart ablation for AFlutter eight days ago. I was awake during the entire procedure. I could feel when my doctor was burning, but the pain was not unbearable. My procedure lasted approx. 2 hours. I was kept in the hospital overnight without any incident. I am on 25 mg of Metoprolol daily to keep my heart rate down. I think the medication makes me feel worse than the ablation. I have walked a couple of miles on two seperate ocassions, both without any problems. One week after the procedure I rode my bike fairly slowly for an hour and a half. I felt fine until I stopped and I could feel the flutter starting. I was inn Aflutter for an hour or so then my heat converted but my rate stayed around 100 bpm for another two hours. Having read some of the other posts, I feel fortunate, but I am still in wait and see mode. I am hopeful!
Tags: Ablation
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The prognosis for patients with type I atrial flutter who undergo catheter ablation is excellent, with a very low recurrence rate. So, your symptoms should improve. Good luck.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you for the information! I am one month out from my ablation procedure and have not had any other heart rhythum episodes. I belive my doctor was able to stop my AFlutter. It is great to be able to exercise without chest pain and dizziness.
Blank
Good to see your doing well. Take Care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on  Weight Loss Drinks ...
5 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Weight Loss Drinks
10 hrs ago by gymdandee
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Protein Powder Goodies
13 hrs ago by gymdandee
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703