Heart Disease Expert Forum
I have RHC and LHC and TEE and dont understand results

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I had a catheterization for CP and SOB, I am 35 years old and had a brother die of right heart failure at 42. I knew the doctor found something, he got a bit excited. Here are the numbers. Right Pressures RA a-wave 13.4, v-wave 10.6, mean 8.3. RV sys 36, edp 13, bdp 5. PA sys 36 dia 15 mean 25. PW a-wave 18.8 v-wave 27.1 mean 15.2, cardiac output 7.86, Index 3.83, sys[wood] 13.15, pul. [wood] 1.27. Oximitry AO 96.0 RV 80.0. Shunts SBF 7.4, PBF 7.4, EPEB 7.4, QP/QS 1.0. Left pressures AO 139/90 mean 112, LV sys 149 Edp 23 Bdp 14. They sent me home and didnt tell me much, I see my pulmonologist after the holidays and am curious of any indication you may find, he also did an unscheduled TEE right after the cath and was commenting to the nurse about how fast the tricuspid jet was, see seemed somewhat amazed but said he didnt find anything, so I go home short of breath and the chest pain continues, my primary says Im too sick to work, heart doctor seems unconcerned.
Dear knight,
For the most part these are normal numbers.  They describe the presures and flows in the various chambers of the heart.  The pulmonary artery (PA) pressure is a bit on the high side but it may not be significant. I would keep the appointment with the pulmonologist and see what he has to say.  He will probably want to check a few more lung function tests and then once all the data is complete and together give you a diagnosis and treatment plan.