Heart Disease Expert Forum
I have posted here before but...

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I have posted here before but...

I have posted in this forum before and basically been told that I am far too young to have any sort of heart disease or condition that isn't going to kill me immediately. My question is do my symptoms sound like atherosclerosis? I am eighteen and I know that plays heavily into things. I have chest pain after exertion, heavy sweating after mild exertion, and shortness of breath after mild exertion. I recently started taking an anti-anxiety medication, as in yesterday, because I had already had most of the cardiac tests done to rule out heart diseases and defects. I have had multiple EKGs come back normal and multiple stress EKGs come back normal. I have had echo cardiograms that show a bicuspid aortic valve and mild calcification of the leaflets. I have had chest x-rays which show no enlarging of the heart and no inflammation. I have been having these pains for almost two years now and the pains have been getting worse and more frequent as time wears on. I lead a rather unhealthy lifestyle and I have, I believe, a body mass index of between 27 and 31. I have hypertension and have had it for many years now. It is controllable with medication. My past cholesterol readings have been high for my age, but not off the charts. I do not take medication for cholesterol. I would speak with my doctor, but she no longer listens to complaints of chest pain, instead telling me that my problems are all just anxiety, and does not want to submit me to any more tests. I do not see a cardiologist and therefore cannot speak to him or her. Therefore I am stuck coming to this forum with the hope that someone can at least tell me if this sounds like atherosclerosis.
Based on the various tests you have had, it is unlikely your pain is due to angina, however that's not to say that you don't have some level of atherosclerosis.  In fact, atherosclerosis starts at a very young age, but it can be so minute that it doesn't cause significant blockages or symptoms.  What is most important in your case based on what you are saying is that you lead a healthier lifestyle in order to avoid vessel blockages which would lead to heart disease or stroke in the future.  You should watch your diet and exercise and make sure you followup with your physician about your blood pressure and cholesterol.  You should also not smoke.  All these preventative measures are essential especially if you have any family history of heart disease.