I just stopped using 25mg of Metoprolol....
My doctor told me to stop " cold turkey". I've only been on it for 3 weeks and this is my second day without using it. I've read horror stories about people that have stopped and that have had bad withdrawl symptoms. I feel fine but I can't stop waiting for something to happen. I do suffer from anxiety attacks and have been taking klodopin to help with the attacks. I guess I'm looking for someone that was in the same situation as me, I was told to get off metoprolol because it made my heart race all the time...

I feel like I didn't take the drug long enough for any serious side effects to happen, my blood pressure did go back up but not any higher than before and when my pulse goes up I take a klodopin and it brings it back down in a matter of minutes.

Anyone have any advice for this guy????
I was on beta blockers for two years and it did affect me when I stopped them, so I was gradually 'weened' off. However, you would notice a difference after 24 hours when you usually top up your body with the drug. The usual symptoms are stronger angina, such as increased shortness of breath, mild chest pains etc. I found it harder to breathe and it's hardly surprising taking into account that my body was used to this drug for 2 years. Weening off gently allowed my body to adapt rather than shocking it into having a more reactive and powerful circulatory system. If you haven't noticed anything by now, I doubt if you will. Nothing serious will happen, it's not like lack of the drug will suddenly give you a heart attack or anything so please don't feel anxious.