I know there is something wrong with my heart
I am a 21 year old female and for the past year I would say I've been having symptoms. I have shortness of breath, nausea, headaches, and anxiety. I have been to doctors numerous times for this and what do they tell me...'you're too young'. Of course. I just really don't feel like I could be too young I feel like they're just dismissing me. I've been SEVERELY depressed for the past 3 years. And I've smoked for the past 4 years. I've been having panic attacks since August 08. I just know it is possible for there to be something wrong with my heart, like clogged arteries or something. I am so sick of living like this I seriously can't do anything without feeling anxious, nauseaous, like I can't breathe or all three. It's gotten past the point where it's "just anxiety". I didn't even want to say I've had panic attacks because then everyone will automatically assume it's from that. I truly wish that it was but I really don't think it is. I also get headaches a lot too. My breathing has gotten a lot worse too. I just feel like that pretty much all the time now....I just don't know what to do I have been to the doctor a million times. What am I supposed to say to them? It is not just anxiety. I get these symptoms when I am not even feeling anxious.
Also, forgot to add I will get chest pressure and discomfort sometimes.
Hi, I read your post and it sounds so much like myself.   However I am expecting right now and my OB sent me to a Cardiologist and I'm scheduled to have a haulter and ultrasound of my heart next week.  I think it's my heart too but my GP says it is anxiety everytime.  I have done a lot of research about anxiety and panic attacks and I will say that a lot of the time what we are experiencing is anxiety related.  Anxiety and stress can put our bodies through some crazy pains and sensations.  maybe your doctor should send you to a cardiologist to put your mind at ease.  Are you currently taking any medication for your anxiety?
Hi.

I actually just went to a cardiologist and I told him most of this, what I could remember and he basically just said that from what he could see it didn't 'sound' like typical heart problems and it was probably just anxiety. He didn't do any tests, but honestly I'm not sure how what I wrote above doesn't sound like typical heart problems. I have looked this up a lot and I know it's different for women. Anyway, I guess I will just listen to him. I really hope it is just stress. It seems like to me I get dismissed a lot because of my age but really it is not impossible for there to be something wrong with me even though my age.
Hmmmm... I just dont see why a doctor would just dismiss your shortness of breath.  Not that I think anything is wrong but just to be on the safe side.  Maybe ask for a second opinion.  I just went to have my test done today and my anxiety is getting the best of me.  The what ifs keep running through my mind.  
Hi Angie,

I have same symptoms as you, but I am 55 years old and most of the symptoms are menopause related. But sometimes I think it is more than that. I have a lot of nausea, dizziness, and shortness of breath.  I smoke for 30 years. I really advise you to please quit, you will feel better.  for the depression what helps me is prayer and worship, sometimes we need a little more help. You could ask your doctor for some meds until you feel better. and yes, get a second opinion.