Heart Disease Community
I still get chest pains after stress tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Hi' I'm a 38 year lady who has been suffering from chest pains science july.  Ive been to 2 heart dr's .I had a stress echo test and a holyer montier ekgs they all  checked out to be fine.  The pain comes and goes. So in nov I went to see my fathers heart dr.  He is very good at what he does.  He gave me an ekg and a nuke stress test. He told me the pictures of my heart at rest and stressed look the same. Not to worry my heart is just fine I still get this pain above my brest on the left side sometimes in my left arm. So that scares me. The heart dr said he thinks it's muscleskeltal? I sure hope it's not my heart.  What does anyone think? Should I be worried? I get the pain anytime of the day or note. I can just be sitting down doung nothing. Strange Help if anyone can. Should I go back to the Dr?
Confused and frustrated
congrats on nuclear test being normal. i just had one to and still have a few pains now and than, so i worry about the test showing what it should, but we should be happy that it didnt come back bad and have to have a cath. if you have been checked out by all thoses drs and yoour test are showing good try and relax and enjoy the good news i know thats what am doing. i had back surgery 10 years a go have rods in my back so thats what i think is causing my pain, do you have back problems/shoulder/neck it could be any of thoses plus stress will make you have pain to.  when pain comes try to remember what you did hours or day before see if you did anything to cause muscle pains. or could like i said be the stress of worring its your heart. always here to talk .Barb
You are fine. As Barb said.....go enjoy life. After all that testing, you are fine. I use to work in this field, have also been a patient and a mother of a daughter who had a heart transplant. Been there....done all that. If your resting EKG is normal and you had a stress test and that was normal, you are good to go.  
thanks for the input.  The only think with my ekg was I have a 1st degree av block.  But may heart dr. said I should have an ekg once a year just to check it but he said it may not change for 10yrs. if ever. I guess I should stop worring and start living because rite how the pain is ruling my life.  I have a treadmill and i'm afarid to use it in case i have a heart attack.  Thats dumd cause the dr said the pain wasn't my heart

thank you again
boi1
Thanks for writing me back it's nice to know i'm not the only struggling with this.  It is just so hard to not think it's not the heart when you get pain in the left side and arm .  This pain is taking over my live and i have to control back and live life like I used to.  Just not real easy.  My father have heart problems only 25% of his heart is working he is 79 I see his heart dr. and he is one of the best heart drs. So I have to have faith in him and take his word for it and listen to the tests .  I'm sure the nuke test would have shown a blockage right?? I read your post I'm so happy for you with your test results.  Good luck to you Live life to the fullest.  I guess I should take my own advice.
Boi1
I have been havin chest pain for a year n I still have itI been to the dr n had a stress test done for two days n had to go backvto the hospital the next day they did a ct n a xray of my legs to c I have a blood clock's but everthing come back good but I still have them now I dont know what to do can anyone tell me what to do n it's on my right side of my chest n go down my arm so please help.