Aa
A
A
Close
I survived ablation for SVT
It has been over 6 months since my very successful heart ablation for my very bad SVT attacks I have had since I was age 13.  I am now 58.  My SVT attacks just got worse and worse...I finally got a heart ablation and it is the BEST thing I have ever done for myself and life!! It is GREAT to be done with SVT!  It is not hard to go through if you get a really good EP at a really good hospital!!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
212161 tn?1432037254
That's great news prayers you keep feeling great
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you.  My SVT used to revert on it's own with in about 15 minutes or with cold water, neck massage etc. but last year it all changed and SVT attacks would come out of the blue and make me feel like I was either going to faint of die on the spot....I ended up getting adenosine 5 times...but I finally found out that I had SVT and about ablation.  I read all about ablation.  I was scared to get it and scared not to try.  I wanted to come on line somehow and tell people it is the best thing they can do for SVT.  I had Dr MacGreggor in Bellingham Wa. at St. Joseph's Hospital and he and the EP group were wonderful.  I had NO pain, they gave me enough pain and anti anxiety meds intraveneously that I did fine.  He was able to cure me of SVT.  I have only had a couple of short short runs or rapid beats and sometimes miss a beat or so, but never go into SVT.  I wanted to encourage people with SVT to go for the ablation with a good EP
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you.  My SVT used to revert on it's own with in about 15 minutes or with cold water, neck massage etc. but last year it all changed and SVT attacks would come out of the blue and make me feel like I was either going to faint of die on the spot....I ended up getting adenosine 5 times...but I finally found out that I had SVT and about ablation.  I read all about ablation.  I was scared to get it and scared not to try.  I wanted to come on line somehow and tell people it is the best thing they can do for SVT.  I had Dr MacGreggor in Bellingham Wa. at St. Joseph's Hospital and he and the EP group were wonderful.  I had NO pain, they gave me enough pain and anti anxiety meds intraveneously that I did fine.  He was able to cure me of SVT.  I have only had a couple of short short runs or rapid beats and sometimes miss a beat or so, but never go into SVT.  I wanted to encourage people with SVT to go for the ablation with a good EP
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
4522800 tn?1470329434
Blank
VICourageous commented on meegWpaw's status
6 hrs ago
4522800 tn?1470329434
Blank
VICourageous commented on meegWpaw's status
8 hrs ago
Blank
Nacht246 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 22
Heart Disease Community Resources