INFRARENAL AORTIC ANEUISM 45 MM WITH EXTENSIVE MURAL THROMBUS IN ABDOMEN
MY HUSBAND IS 53 YEARS OLD SMOKER WITH AN ABDOMINAL ANEURYSM WITH EXTENSIVE MURAL THROMBUS IN ABDOMEN, HE HAD NO SYMTOMS JUST THAT IT WAS DETECTED AFTER A GENERAL BLOOD TEST WHICH CAME OUT NORMAL THANK GOD AND URINE TEST THAT SHOWED ALBUMIN AT 618 IT SHOULD BE BELOW 25 AND AS HE WAS SENT FOR A RENAL SCAN HIS RESSURE WAS HIGH, AND HE HAS BEENON ATACAN 35 MG SINCE AGE OF FIFTY, AND THEY CHANGED IT TO COVERSYL 5 MG AFTER THE SCAN, AND AS RESSURE WAS HIGH THEY DISCOTINUED THE ATACAND .
hIS MUM DIED LAST YEAR AFTER HAVING AN ABDOMINAL  ANEURYSM SHE WS TO UNDERGO AN OERATION WHEN IT REACHED 5.5 IN JUNE THIS YEAR  HIS GRANDMA DIED OF THROMBOSIS IN LEGS, HE WILL BE SEEING DR ADRIAN LING IN MELBIURNE ON 29TH OF NOVEMBER, I AM REALLY WORRIED AND WOULD ARECIATE ANY INFORMATION. CAN THEY  DO AN OERATION IF  HE HAS THEM BOTH TOGETHER, THE CLOT AND THE INFRATRENAL ANNEURISM TOGETHER, WHAT QUESTIONS SHOULD I ASK THE SECIALIST AS HIS MUM NEVER MADE IT SHE TOO HAD HYERTENSION THE SCAN AND MRI SAID THAT KIDNEYS ETC LOOKED NORMAL, HE GO HIS RESSURE CHECKED ON THE 24TH IT WAS ONE HUNDERD AND TWENTY FIVE ABOVE NINEYT AND THE NEXT DAY IT WAS 155 ABOVE NINETY FIVE BEFORE HE WENT FOR THE BLOOD TEST AND URINE  TEST IT WAS ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY ABOVE NOT TOO SURE,  CAN THEY DO THE OERATION KNOWING THAT IT IS IN THE FAMILY AND HAVE NOT HAD GOOD RESULTS IS THERE ANY OTHER TEST HE MIHT HAVE TO DO , HE HAS DONE A 24 HR URINE TEST TODAY , HE HAS REVIOUSLY HAD SILICOSIS IN LUNGS AND SOME EMHASYMA, THAT WAS BEFORE TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT HE QUIT FOR ONE AND A HALF YEARS AND IN TWO THOUSAND AND TEN WENT BACK TO SMOKING, I NEED SOME ONE TO JUST GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION AS IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY, HE WORKS IN A ROCESSING FACTORY FOOD, AND WORKS ON THE LINE I HAVE ASKED HIM TO HAVE SOME TIME OFF BUT HE DOES NOT WANT TO , HE KNOWS THAT I AM WORRIED LEASE......ANY INFORMATION WOULD HEL WHAT SHOULD I ASK THE SURGEON CAN THEY DO IT ON HIM TO MAKE SURE THAT HE WILL BE ALRIGHT LEASE HEL. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

This discussion is related to Aneurysm + Family History.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. The risk of rupture for aneurysms smaller than 4.0 centimeters is much less as compared to ones larger than 6.0 cms. Besides this, the risk of rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm depends on the rate at which the aneurysm is expanding. Larger aneurysms tend to expand faster than smaller aneurysms. This will need to be monitored.

The thrombus formation can increase the risk of thrombo embolism, which can block the blood flow through other arteries. So, don't worry and discuss these options with your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.