Heart Disease Community
If not afib........ then what are these symptoms caused by????

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Hi everyone......

Over the past 3 weeks I used Toporal XL for my lone afib and I developed strange heart pounding symtoms (symptoms) often when going to bed laying down or after eating (particular breakfast which may last up to lunch or beyond) the pounding feels like when you have the flu and can feel your heart beating...........

So I get a heart monitor for 24 hours that reads all these
symptoms...go back to the cardiologist and he says that there is no a fib at all on them when I have these symptoms......he said yes some PACs ...but no afib.

Now at the doc's agreement I weaned off the Toporal as it seemed the less dosage I took the less I got of these symptoms........now I've been off it for almost two weeks but still can't suffer from these symptoms

Does anyone know if it is not a fib (vagal or not) then what in the world am I dealing with?

Is it possible that it is my side effects of getting off the Toporal?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

if he didnt tell you it was some kind of arrhythmia, it would probably be just general sinus tachycardia..
Avatar n tn
then what do I do for that?

its been almost three weeks now and the symtoms (symptoms) of laying down are disappearing.....less palps and almost all the fast heart rate at night are gone........

but I still get those awful feelings after eating I explained before.......again not as bad.

I'm still dizzy (that this medicine caused when I took it) after being off it for three weeks.

Good Lord above I never had anything like this in my life and it all started with the medication........the fib part from exercise is entirely under control without medication now by changing my workout......its the rest of this stuff that is wrecking havoc with my ablity to function through a whole day......