Heart Disease Community
I'm convinced I have heart dieseas....please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I've been experiencing these symptoms for a very long time. I don't know what else it could be.

Probably the most obvious symptom, only because it is more obvious than the others, has been anxiety. I've been having anxiety that prevents me from doing things for about a year and a half. Please don't automatically think that oh it's just anxiety because anxiety is a symptom of heart disease.

So that was the first thing I noticed. It took me a while to catch onto the other things because they are so random and can be attributed to something else. Sometimes after I eat, I will have shortness of breath and nausea. If I get too worked up about something. Anything, positive or negative, then I will start to have symptoms. Feeling like I can't breathe, stomach pain, nausea, throat pain, back pain, arm pain. I have to thoroughly calm down after that before I can do anything else or else the symptoms will get worse. For example, earlier I got mad about something and I had all of these symptoms. Now, as I'm writing this it's making me feel worse because I didn't have time to fully recover. I feel like I'm having a hard time breathing and I have a lump/pain in my throat and chest. I'm not even mad anymore, it's just like I have to recover. Because of this, it seems like I avoid doing everything. The only thing I want to do is just sit at home and do whatever I can to have comfort and be calm. Anything exciting or that would cause me any negative emotions are out of the question. It is just the most horrible thing because I feel like I can't do anything anymore. I was going to go to the store tonight but now I feel like it's just too much to handle.  Mostly because the anxiety is like the last symptom and all the symptoms build up until I have a panic attack. I really don't think it is is my mind. I don't think I have anxiety because I think about the symptoms. I think I have anxiety because my body can only take so much, and that's when the anxiety kicks in. I think it is a physical symptom.

I've been crying ever since this happened tonight because I am just so sick of all of this. I try to not worry about it and tell myself it's nothing or it's something else, but it always comes back to this. I really believe I have heart disease. And to make things worse, anytime I go to a doctor they tell me it is just anxiety and put me on an antidepressant. I am telling you, it is my body and I have been living with this for over a year and I don't think it is JUST anxiety. It really makes me mad that anytime you mention the word anxiety to a doctor, they think that is all it is. Anxiety is a symptom not a disease. And I've researched this and I know for a fact that anxiety is a symptom of heart disease.

Tomorrow, I have another appointment with my doctor who I saw a year ago for this problem. I'm just afraid it is going to be the same thing and he won't listen to me. I really don't know where else to turn at this moment. I worry about this a lot and it has become a great depressor in my life. I don't WANT to have heart disease, that is the last thing I want. But I can't just accept that it is just anxiety when I know there are other symptoms that are symptoms of heart disease. It's not like I have anxiety and THEN get the symptoms. No, I get the symptoms first and sometimes anxiety doesn't even accompany them. So how can it just be anxiety?

Can I have a doctor please reply to this? I am very scared and depressed about this and just feel like I'm at a loss and don't know what to do. I just need some peace of mind or some good advice. Something more than 'it is just anxiety' which doesn't explain to me the other symptoms. Thank you so much.
You won't get a Doctor reply to your post in this forum, just people who have a little knowledge of different areas of anatomy and experience in certain matters having been through it themselves or helped friends through them.
I read your post and really sympathise with you and can see why you are getting so frustrated. I am surprised you have waited a year before seeing your Doctor again, I would have been back down there a month later saying how the medication isn't working and I recommend they do further testing. If I was in your position and feel your body has something wrong with it, I would go to your local ER next time you get the discomforts.
This way there will be testing done to see if you have underlying heart problems. The problem is, if your GP is wrong, then you are trapped because you are never going to see a specialist. Going directly to the hospital is your way through the back door.  A cardiologist will check you over and won't just automatically dismiss it as anxiety without evidence. If they release you and a heart attack occurred, it wouldn't exactly do their career any good, so they will run some tests to make sure.