I'm scared, should I be?
Okay so I'm 14 years old, and I have SVT, and soon I will be operated on. I'm scared...I've had this ever since I was a little girl and I'm on medicine for it....but nothing helps it's just gotten worse. So I'm hoping somebody can tell me what to expect. Help me please?
it will be ok , your drs know what they are doing, today surgery is much better. it should be great after the surgery hang in there and say your prayers they help and i will pray for you . merry christmas
I'm a RN in a operating room at the hospital.  Simple SVT procedures tend to be routine as far as heart surgeons and electro docs are concerned.  Just relax, they can keep you stable with ease.
i was operated on twelve months ago and panicked all the way! the surgeons are great and you can have a sedative first to calm you down. they do this day in day out and they will make you feel totally calm. I promise it will all be over before you know it and you will be well on your way to recovery...

Take care
I agree!! I've had two ablations and they really aren't bad at all!! The worst part for me was having sore muscles from laying on that darn table! lol It really isn't a hard surgery at all, the incisions are very small and don't even require stitches, just a bandaid! The hardest part for me is always those days leading up to it, I hate the waiting!! Once I actually get in the hospital and everything gets started I calm right down. The waiting and anticipating is definitely the worst part!! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!!
Ok i just had one not to long ago and it wasn't scary after they put you to sleep cause you don't now that they are doing to you