Heart Disease Community
Im too young to feel this way, please help!

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

9069681?1367275533
Hi  My name is Tricia and when I was younger around age 15-17I had chronic anemia which resulted in having several blood transfusions and weekly iron drips at my hematologist, but I eventually grew out of it. I am now 27 years old and for 2 months I have been experiencing constant dizzy spells which result in fainting, nausea after the fainting, hot flashes, chest pain, heart attack symptoms( numbness in my left arm tingling, fatigue. However my blood pressure is perfect it stays at 120 over 70, I am not pregnant, I have perfect blood sugar 98-112,and my blood count is at 13 which is great! What could this be??? Please help, I might add that I am a coffee drinker and smoker but I do not excessively smoke or drink too much coffee, 1-2 per day if that. but I do drink my coffee black.
Have you seen your doctor to discuss these symptoms?  
Yes multiple times who have simply checked my blood pressure and sugar then send me on my way. Everyone is trying to convince me I have anxiety but what's funny is that I've never had anxiety or been paranoid or suffered from panic attacks. And why do these dizzy spells come on when I'm sitting at home reading or laying on the beach not worried about anything
I see.  I have panic attacks that arrive in what I call 'swarms' every couple of years.  But I did not recognize them for at least two years, precisely because they would occur when I was feeling fine and happy and relaxed.  The first time I had them, I had mild dizzy spells off and on for MONTHS.

Panic attacks are a physiological phenomenon in which the physical symptoms of intense fright occur without any valid stimulus. They may be genetic, since they do seem to run in families. They should be treated by a psychiatrist, because shrinks have a true medical education.

However, before accepting the diagnosis of anxiety or panic (which may turn out to be the answer), I think it would not hurt to get a neurologist's opinion regarding the possibility of POTS (you can google it, but your steady blood pressure kind of argues against it), and a basic cardiological workup to make sure your left arm symptoms are not heart related--butit is worth noting that if anxious people like me know the symptoms of heart problems, we are perfectly capable of feeling them--even though our tickers are fine.
Actually your the first person who gave me any clarity. My mother and sister and my late grandmother all suffer from anxiety which in all honesty I never believed it was real I thought it was an excuse. I know that sounds cold but until you have experienced it for yourself its hard to believe how scary it is. Also I might add when the dizzy spells started I also go through swirls where I break out on my arms red bumps all over. I read this could be a symptom of severe anxiety too. I am a medical assistant and in the registerred nurse program at IRSC I love my job and I love nursing school bit maybe I'm just overworking myself as I'm constantly on the go, could being busy 24/7 bring on anxiety?
Sure, being on the go constantly could be a factor, but as we both have noted, these attacks often occur when NOTHING is going on, when we think we are feeling relaxed and happy.

There is no moral value attached to fighting panic attacks and anxiety.  These are physiological glitches that simply need to be treated, just as we treat diabetes and sprained ankles.

Believe me, the hardest part of getting this stuff under control is picking up the phone to make the first appointment with a good shrink.  After that it gets better fast, as a few people here will attest.

However, as I mentioned, it would be a good idea to check for POTS, and to make sure the heart is in fact OK (as it probably is).