Heart Disease Community
Important question about heart tests, please read

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Hello, I'm a 21 year old male, and I've recently had several tests done on my heart cause I felt like something was wrong with it a couple months ago. I've had an echo, ekg, holter monitor for 24 hours, 5 physical exams, and a chest x-ray. All of them came back negative. The only thing was sinus arrhythmia which the doctor says is normal, and palpitations on the monitor, but nothing serious. I still believe something is wrong with my heart, cause last time I was at the doctor, he said he felt some irregular beats, but nothing serious. I was very nervous in his office, so I wonder if that attributed to it. I  was wondering if these tests are enough to show if somethign was seriously wrong with my heart, or should I have more done? I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks recently cause I always feel something is wrong with my heart and when it speeds up, I get really anxioius, please help and respond...are these tests enough?
I suppose you can always go to another cardiologist for a second opinion.... but it sounds to me that, between the range of tests you've already taken (pretty complete IMO), your age and your doctor's assurances, you are basically heart healthy. Palpatations are common.  The fact that palps have been seen on an ekg or a few irregular beats (palps are one aspect of irregular beats and not something different) diagnosed at the doc's office is medically insignificant.

You're only 21. Quit worrying and enjoy life instead.
yes :) they are enough.. They are very good diagnostic tools, and are also good tools for looking for an indication of something else as well, and since you're negative all around.. thats great..

One must stop and think to themselves about the fear you are having.. you have had all the nessecary medical tests, and have seemingly passed all :) That should offer reassurance, not feed the problem.. This reaction indicates you may possibly have health related anxiety ( The irrational and unshakable feeling something is wrong with you, not being able to find reassurance) ... It might be benefical to seek some counseling if time passes and you still havent been able to move on.. its a great tool and alot of people here have been helped.
Yes, the tests are sufficient.  They would show a great deal.  If the doctor has seen these beats and determined they are benign, you are okay.

Anxiety disorders can often manifest as a fear of dying or a belief that something is medically wrong with you despite medical reassurance.  I think it's best to attack the anxiety first and foremost now that you've been given a clean bill of health.  Anxiety can definitely make palpitations more frequent.