Aa
A
A
Close
Inability to lose weight
I had 3 stents put in 4 years ago. At that time I quit smoking and started taking Plavix, diovan, toprol, simvastatin, and a low-dose aspirin. I also started gaining 5 pounds per month. In the meantime, I have tried Weight Watchers, South Beach, and calorie counting. I have had an extensive endocrinology work up that shows nothing is wrong. I recently bought a bodybugg so that I could track calorie burn more accurately. I go to the gym for an hour every day and I work really hard. My activity and food logs show that I am burning about 800 calories more than I take in, on average. Yet I'm still not losing any weight. The bodybugg people tell me that it is obvious that I'm not recording my food properly. I know that I am. It just seems to be a whole lot of work and the only result is that at least I'm not gaining anymore. I had to have another stent put in last summer. I am convinced that I will continue to be at risk for a heart attack unless I can lose the extra weight. I'm a bit stressed and fearful that Nutrisystems won't work either and then I'm out of options. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this and how to get past it?
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1480750569
Blank
Netherlands