Heart Disease Expert Forum
Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia whenever I lay down
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia whenever I lay down

I am a 38 year old female with type II diabetes.  I have lost 30 lbs in the last 4 months, and have about another 50 to go.   My diabetes is controlled with diet and exercise.  Rarely do my numbers go above 200 and typically they are about 130 to 150 after two hours of eating.  I have been sick for the last two months, invariably with some type of cold or infection, on and off, for one week, and then it will come back.  My issue started about two weeks ago when I became stuffed up in my head and had another bout of flu/virus whatever was going on.  I was asleep and then I was awakened out of sleep by an exceptionally fast heart beat.  I got up and tried a few things, but it wouldn't go away, then I wound up in ER.  They did an ECG, and just tachycardia.  My heart rate went down into the 80's/90's while I was there that night they sent me home, chalked it up to some type of panic. Sure enough, next night--same thing, racing and pounding heart woke me up 3 hours after going to sleep--then I had insomnia all night--this went on for four nights.  Bloodwork, normal, holter monitor finding was "Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia" with two or three PAC's and PVC's over the 24 hour period.  Now my resting heart rate is above 100--like 108 to 120.   When I fall asleep, my heart starts pounding out of my chest and "runs" about 140 or so. Symptoms are worse lying flat--but still difficult to sleep lying upright.  My BP cuff today told me I have arrythmias.  I am terrified out of my mind to go to sleep.  I don't know what's going on and I'm so scared I'm going to die.  Can anyone help me with this?  Should I be on a beta blocker?  My BP is normal during the day 120/80 etc...   Please help, I have two small kids and I'm terrified of dying and leaving them.
Tags: night time sinus tachycardia
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank