Heart Disease Community
Inferior Ischemia

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Inferior Ischemia

My age i 54, I am 5 ft and 8/9 inches in height, having weight around 85 kgs, non-smoker, non-alcoholic. My ETT was positive before 4 years, always possessing severe Shortness of Breath in little exertion like walking a little quick or even riding 1st or 2nd floor since few years. X ray PA chest view is clean, BP around normal range.  
My recent Echo result is Mild LVH (? due to HTN). I have odema ft since last 3 years.
However in ECG it is diagnosed as inferior Ischemia (Depressed T and ST segments at led no II and avf).
What is the situation analysis, precautions and next steps I can take?

Dr. Shamimul Moula
MBBS, Ph.D. MPH
Is your ejection fraction in the normal range (normal 55 to 75%)?  Shortness of breath can indicate a lower than normal cardiac output.  Also, the leftside systole function can be normal and preserved when the heart has rightside insufficieny that causes peripheral edema..

For some insight, the ST segment is a crucial part of the EKG tracing. The appearance of the ST segment changes dramatically in the presence of ischemia or during a myocardial infarction. During ischemia, the ST segment will become depressed and have a long duration and a large amplitude before it joins the T wave. The ST segment is elevated during an acute myocardial infarction. The ST segment is, therefore, a diagnostic segment of the EKG strip that is very important in the diagnoses of heart problems.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
CARBS!
9 hrs ago by gymdandee
Paxiled commented on Soy products may decr...
YohaniK1912 added the Heart Rhythm Tracker