Heart Disease Expert Forum
Inferior ischemia

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Inferior ischemia

I'm a woman and age 52. In 12/96 I was hospitalized for what turned out to be a renal artery stenosis due to FMD. It was ballooned and recurred in both renal arteries in 2000.  Currently there are some minor but stable stenoses in both renal arteries. Way back in 1996 I had a routine EKG when in the hospital.  Recently I applied for Long Term Care ins. and was declined.  The ins. co. sent me the EKG that I am asking about. It says "T wave abnormalities - consider inferior ischemia." This is completely news to me.  Do I care?   Except for BP problems for which I take Lotrel I am happy and well (or at least I think I am.)  Thanks.
Dear awc,
This is a pretty soft finding and I am surprised that you were denied insurance because of it.  T-Waves are a portion of the EKG that can indicate ischemia (poor blood flow to the heart).  However, there are many other things which can also cause T-wave changes and the finding is very non-specific.  Unless you have been having cardiac problems I would not do anything based on this finding.  You may want to repeat an EKG.  In all likelyhood the changes will be gone and you can reapply for the insurance.
My doctors have been concerned with irregular EKG and alot of TIA's and they are saying 39% blockage in one valve and then he went on vacation.  He told me I was a high risk for major stroke or heart attack or the blockage hitting my brain and immediate death.  I am so upset that he takes a vacation and does not leave me with any answers.
Hi.  I suffer from Angina, for which I take 4 different tablets.
Recently I had to have another ECG and was given a copy of the print out. It suggests posterior infarction and inferior ischemia - are these significant or just another way of saying my artery is restricting the flow of oxygenated blood to my heart?
A related discussion, sinus bradycardia and inferior ischemia was started.