Heart Disease Community
Insolated Diastolic Hypertension

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Insolated Diastolic Hypertension

My blood pressure is 122/110 sometimes. I already know i have high BP. I take toporal for it. They have upped my meds. and have me Echo set up next week. Should i expect something bad. Has anyone has blood pressure like that and what was the outcome? I'm scared
Hi Tiffneyrgeorge,

We just posted about the same problem at almost the same time.

My pressure has been acting similar to yours for the first time. I get readings like 100 over 94 and can't believe it. Scary is right.

I really don't know much about this and going online hasn't been that helpful.

There's something called diastolic dysfunction but I only first read about it this morning, so I don't know if that's what I have.

I'm now taking three meds, all as of very recently but nothing brings down the diastolic without making the systolic go too low. I wonder if my doc has prescribed the wrong 'classes' of drugs for this problem.
I just saw this post and wanted to share some info in case you still have questions. I have had isolated diastolic high blood pressure now for five years. I am 42. I have been through the ringer trying to get the right meds having the same problem as you two. There is no bp med that only drops the diastolic so yes we end up with this problem of the systolic dropping too low and becoming sick and dizzy. Two weeks ago I requested a second echocardiogram and was diagnosed with diastolic dysfunction. This is due to five years of high diastolic pressure. Please make sure you keep your pressure as low as you can handle, because it is scary to get a diagnosis like this at only 42. Most people diagnosed with this are over 65. I am currently on a diuretic, ACE, calcium channel blocker, & a beta blocker.  And I run around 95/83. That's as low as I can handle and still function. Please fight for your health. You really do have to push most doctors to treat this properly. Good luck...