Heart Disease Expert Forum
Insurance and PVCs....
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Insurance and PVCs....

I understand that PVCs are an aggravation, but are benign and absolutely no reason to get stressed over.  Ever since realizing that this type of arrhythmia was not dangerous and absolutely did NOT shorten life span, I have had a question.  Why do insurance companies routinely deny life insurance for people that have PVCs....  If the decision to insure someone is based on actuary tables, and if there is absolutely no reduction of life expectancy in a person with PVCs, how can they get away with denying insurance, or with providing only rated insurance with a significantly higher premium, solely because a person experiences PVC arrhythmia?  I have been denied insurance a couple of times, based on this diagnosis, and once was sold a whole life policy, but rated with premiums twice as high (got rid of that policy!).  Fortunately, now that I work and am part of a group plan, I was able to get life insurance only because they couldn't deny me since I was part of this group....this life insurance is a negotiated
  benefit....I did try at one point to add a rider for hospitalizations, but was denied that as well due to the previous history.  What is the deal?