Heart Disease Expert Forum
Intermittent Chest Pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Intermittent Chest Pain

I am a 28 yr old Female. Slightly obese at 5'4 and 195lbs. I gave birth to my first child in August of 2008 and afterwards I developed hypertension. I was put on an ACE inhibitor bp stays around 110/60 now. My cholesterol is slightly elevated at 208 and I am taking phytosterols/improving my diet. Also taking fish oil, b complex, mag and vitamin d supplements.I have RA which is controlled well. My problem today is that I have been having intermittent chest pain that comes on at different times day/night. Sometimes following physical activity, sometimes just sitting at my desk at work. The pain is localized at times, usually in the center of my sternum and other times I feel it in my upper chest right side and then under my left breast. Sometimes I will feel pains in my arms/shoulder/collarbone and once I had it in the center of my shoulder blades. I have been to the ER 3 times with this problem (recently fearing pe I have been previously travelling in a car for a long period), its been diagnosed as Atypical chest pain, chest wall inflammation and recently as Chostochondritis. I have had ekg's, 2 chest xrays, 3 chest ct scans and 1 echo. All have been normal. I have a family history of stroke (maternal grandfather), heart attack,mother 64 and her brother 50. I am just wondering, could there be something hiding that these tests are not seeing? I don't understand why this chest pain is happening. I am really scared. My quality of life has declined since this mess has started. I am always afraid. Also I fear that I may have a blood clot in my groin/pelvis/inner thigh, there is no swelling redness or heat - just a achy pinchy feeling I have noticed last night. It doesn't hurt all the time, just with certain movements. I am afraid that it may be a dvt that could become a PE. All this because of the car trip I fear - which was 10 days ago. Would it be a constant pain? I know that sometimes there are no symptoms at all. I feel so dumb asking this, but I am just so scared.