Intermittent chest pain
I have been having intermittent chest pressure for  3 weeks.It is a pressure in my left chest to my upper left arm and a stabbing pain under my left shoulder blade. I have noticed that my blood pressure has been running higher than normal with my dyastolic never under 90.  I was just discharged from the hospital yesterday after a cardiac cath and told it was normal. Of course I was on bedrest and my blood pressure was normal for me.  Now that I am home, my blood pressure is starting to creep up again and I am starting to get intermittent chest pains again. The meds that relieved my chest pain in the hospital was Lopressor and nitropaste.  ISince my cardiac cath was normal, I was sent home on no medications and the blood pressure not addressed. Could my chest pain be strictly related to high blood pressue even though my cath was negative?
My 15 yr old daughter has been complaining about intermittent pressure in her chest. It is not painful but it happens at any time. Excercising or simply washing dishes she can experience this sensation several times on the hour. (Yes, I actually have a kid who washes dishes! ) She has had heartburn in the past but she says that is not what it feels like. Any suggestions? I will be taking her to the doctor tomarrow.