Interpreting Echo Results
I found some comments on my echo report and am wondering what they mean:

1) Impaired relaxation pattern of LV diastolic filling

2) Trace tricuspid regurgitation

3) Trace mitral valve regurgitation

Do I need to worry about any of this?

Thanks!

Your left ventricle does not fill completely.

Your tricuspid and mitral valve do not close completely and some of the blood is pushed back.

I think that many people are in your same situation, only for this I will not worry too much.

Jesus.
1) Impaired relaxation pattern of LV diastolic filling.

...This condition is related to heart wall stiffenss and medically termed diastolic (filling phase) dysfunction.  The rigidity of heart walls limits the filling capacity of the left ventricle where relaxation provides some elasticity to the chamber walls and increases the capacity. The underlying cause for DD can be high blood pressure and/or coronary vessel lesions.    

2) Trace tricuspid regurgitation

...considered medically insignificant and almost always does not progess nor cause symtoms.

3) Trace mitral valve regurgitation
...same as above and it merely indicates some blood back flows into the upper chamber when the lower pumping chamber contracts.

Do I need to worry about any of this?

...If the relaxation of the left ventricle becaome serious, that will reduce the amount of blood pumped into circulation with each heartbeat, and the reduction of blood flow to heart cells can cause heart failure...worst case scenario.  Your doctor should determine the underlaying cause and treat.  Usually DD's underlying cause is high blood pressure and treatment can prevent treatment. There isn't any information given in your post that would indicate the underlying cause.

Thanks for the questions, and if you have any further questions or comments you are invited to respond.  Take care,

Ken
Thanks for the information.  I do not have a history of high blood pressure.  The ECHO was only ordered because I am going through chemotherapy for breast cancer.  I do have a high resting heart rate and am overweight.  I'm a 33 year old female.  The rest of the notes about the LV are as follows:

"The left ventricular cavity size is normal. Ventricular wall thickness is normal.  The calculated ejection fraction, using the apical biplane method of disks, is normal at 68.9%.  The visually estimated ejection fraction appears to be 65-70%.  Spectral Dopper shows impaired relaxation pattern of LV diastolic filling.  

Thanks!