Heart Disease Community
Inverted T Waves

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Inverted T Waves

I went to the ER with dizziness and low pulse of 53-57 (low for me, not fit, normal 80-95). They did an ECG and it showed inverted T waves and was told to see cardio doc. They tested my blood for electrolyte imbalance, thyroid, CBC, and all was normal. My blood pressure was also low. The dizziness started when I started exercising mildly and didn't let up after I stopped. I am waiting for an appointment to see the cardio doc next week but was wondering what the problem could be. The ECG also said "consider anterior ischemia" next to "T wave abnormality". Any help is appreciated I'm just trying to put my mind to rest (at least a little bit)
The possibilities for inverted T waves are numerous and may include ischemia, heart attack, hyperventilation, anxiety, certain medications, infections around the heart, pulmonary embolus (blood clot in the lung), electrolyte disturbance (abnormalities in sodium, potassium levels) etc.

Your doctor is doing a differential diagnosis.  Some possibilities have been excluded.  Your symptom of low pulse rate and ischemia does not account for that symptom.  Ischemia indicates low blood supply to the anterior area of the heart, but an ECG is not a very reliable soruce for a dianosis of something other than heart rhythm. Further testing to be more definitive.  Thanks for sharing.