Heart Disease Expert Forum
Inverted T waves
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Inverted T waves

My mother is 53 and has rheumatoid arthritis and high blood pressure. Heart disease does run in the family and both her parents had it.  Her doctor has expressed concern about her inverted T waves and sent her to a heart doctor. Our doctor went over her EKG's from the past 30 years and noticed a pattern that concerned her as well as the cardiologist. As her daughter she is not willing to give me all the details other then she needs to have a nuclear stress test and they will go from there. I don't really understand what inverted T waves means in terms I understand. I am looking for help understanding what her body is going through and what some of it might mean. Please any information to help me better understand would be greatly appreciated. She is supposed to be going in for surgery in a couple of weeks which they now want to postpone until all the questions about her heart are answered. Very concerned.......