Heart Disease Community
Irregular heart beat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Irregular heart beat

I had an extremely fast heart racing episode back in 98 which was worked up with an ep test, heart monitoring, etc & nothing was found. The Dr has seen my heart rate go fast even when I'm unaware & skipped beats were seen. I've had those for 20 yrs or so & they don't bother me. Since the episode in 98, I've experienced heart racing, slowing & have been awakened from sleep by my heart stopping, then having difficulty beating properly for a few minutes afterwards. Recently I experienced my heart being very irregular, which occured out of the blue and felt horrible. Might it be reasonable to request another ep study to help evaluate the recent episode? I was told about a Reveal Device and would like to know if that might be helpful? Does an ep test help to bring out the dangerous types of arrhytmias as well or not necessarily? I've been to Boston for work up of the racing & thinking about obtaining another opinion elsewhere for the recent episode. I also experience pressure in my chest & neck when walking up & down the stairs & lifting things, etc. I've been worked up for that recently & was told I might have microvascular spasms & the Dr wants me to take Lipitor, baby aspirin, Isosobide & Verpamil. I've been on Verapamil for 10 yrs due to hypertension. The two problems seem unrelated. After experiencing what happened recently; it's nothing to fool with & my family I would like to know what the problem is. I'm 45 yr old female, 5'1" about 122lbs. Grandparents on both sides of family had heart problems. Thank you for your time.
You need to see a cardioligist immediately.  You have a fib or irregular heartbeat or both.  This means that the electrical signals being sent to your heart works right most of the time but not all the time.  When you are having various exams that are given today EKG,  Stress treadmill (whatever) if your electrical signals are correct nothing will show on the test. You should ask to be tested by King of Hearts which is a devise that you wear for 30 days it will show your cardioligist exactly what your heart is doing.  Let me know how you do.  Carlton Faulconer.  I had about the same experiance you are having it took me almost 3 years to figure it our.