Heart Disease Expert Forum
Irritability/Nausea/Palpitations
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Irritability/Nausea/Palpitations

Hello,
I am an active healthy 25 year old female.  I have no diagnosed medical conditions and am currently not taking any medication.  I have been experiencing a strange pattern of symptoms for the past 3 years.  The severity and duration varies, but the order of appearance of symptoms is conserved almost every time.  On the first day, let’s say this is Day 0, I experience symptoms that are typical of iron deficiency; I feel tired, dizzy, slightly nauseous, exercise intolerant, have heart palpitations (skipped beats) and chest pains (stabbing pain located beneath my left breast) and become very irritable.  That night of Day 1 I will experience oscillating heart rate and blood pressure when I go to bed.  After lying down, I will begin feeling very hot, my blood pressure and heart rate rise rapidly and I will sweat.  Then everything will return to normal.  I will go through multiple cycles of these changes until I fall asleep, the time in between the events is variable.  The next day, Day 1, I feel very tired to the point of barely being able to get out of bed.  If I do get up, my heart rate increases rapidly and stays elevated, but I feel like my blood pressure is very low.  I will be tired, exercise intolerant to the point of barely being able to walk more than a few steps, have difficulty concentrating and experience more severe chest pains.  In addition to the stabbing chest pains, the entire left side of my rib cage becomes tender, and I cannot lie on my side. Three years ago when these episodes started, Day 1 symptoms would continue for periods up to 3 weeks.  Now when it occurs they rarely last more than 48 hours.

I have had multiple holter tests, an echocardiogram and blood work done.  The holter showed runs of SVT-like rhythm, but my max heart rate was only about 120bpm during these events.  The echo and blood work was normal.  I would like to think that it's just stress or anxiety, but so far these events aren't precipitated by stress.

Thank you