Heart Disease Community
Is Your Heart Pounding after Eating ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is Your Heart Pounding after Eating ?

I have been on a very high dose of Librium for 18 yrs and bedridden from an auto accident. I was recently put on a beta blocker....metoprolol er after an upper endoscopy triggered 24 hr a day tachycardia. I am taking 25mg of metoprolol per day to keep the tachy under control.

Now I feel like I;m trapped in a vicious cycle of beta blocker hell and benzodiazipene hell. Now  everytime I eat anything (I eat very healthy) my heart pounds very very hard for hours afterward. The metoprolol does keep my heart rate down ....from where it was at 120bpm. Now its in the low 50s bpm. My librium does not work after 18 yrs. I take 110 mg per day of Librium. I eat very healthy small meals...but , I get very severe heart pounding , dizziness and anxiety after eating ...even worse than my regular anxiety. I was in the hospital ....they did an echo....it was normao with 65 ejection fraction,. My librium no longer works...I have become tolerant to it after 18 yrs. The metoprolol workedd for the heart pounding when I first took it....now its back again....3 wks later. ITs pounding extremely forcefully...but, my pulse is only 56 bpm. Its been 3 hrs after eating and my heart is still pounding like crazy and I'm feeling dizzy and anxious. I don't know if its the librium withdrawl (withdrawal)....as the metoprolol did not effect me this way when i first started it 3 wks ago. I feel like I'm in beta blocker hell and long term benzo hell.. My halter was normal....echo was normal...but, I[ve been bedridden for 18 yrs. My o2 sat meter...when I get up....the pulse goes all over the place.

Can anyone from the board here help me....I feel like I'm gonna die. This is not a panic attack. I eat very healthy and bland food. I've been very dizzy since this hasd been happening. I don;'t drink , dont smoke....don[t eat processed foood. Can anyone please help.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to Librium withdrawal. They cause convulsions, tremor, muscle cramps, vomiting and sweating. The more severe withdrawal symptoms have usually been limited to those patients who had received excessive doses over an extended period of time. Consequently, after extended therapy, abrupt discontinuation should generally be avoided and a gradual dosage tapering schedule followed.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
ill13632 severe disease Comment
Apr 14
1317224_tn?1378708734
Blank
MaryLL I'm feeling good 16 months ... Comment