I am not a doctor but this is a topic that I really like ...
The official medicine, will check your cholesterol levels and if high, will prescribe you statins to lower it.
In the other hand, grapefruit and more pomegranate juice and extracts are suppose to help, but you should not take them if you are on statins since they can increase the statins in blood to toxic levels.
So what I can tell you is what I have read and I advise you to investigate and speak with your dr. before going on any of the following:
1) Statins can help because reduce the cholesterol and inflammation levels.
2) Arginine can help because increase the production of NO that cleans the arteries.
3) Vitamin B1,B12 and Folic Acid can help because reduce homocysteine which produces inflammation.
4) Eating green left vegetables can help because new research indicates the the nitrates that they have can be transformed in NO.
5) Vitamin D can help because, modulates autoimmune system, reducing the inflammation and also avoid calcification.
6) Sleep at least 7 hours/day can help because reduce calcification.
7) Avoid stress and have blood pressure in normal levels.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.