Heart Disease Community
Is essence of grapefruit is useful for arterial problems

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

How to stop arterial problem. Is there any way to get free from arterial problems.  Please suggest me
I am not a doctor but this is a topic that I really like ...

The official medicine, will check your cholesterol levels and if high, will prescribe you statins to lower it.

In the other hand, grapefruit and more pomegranate juice and extracts are suppose to help, but you should not take them if you are on statins since they can increase the statins  in blood  to toxic levels.

So what I can tell you is what I have read and I advise you to investigate and speak with your dr. before going on any of the following:

1) Statins can help because reduce the cholesterol and inflammation levels.
2) Arginine can help because increase the production of NO that cleans the arteries.
3) Vitamin B1,B12 and Folic Acid can help because reduce homocysteine which produces inflammation.
4) Eating green left vegetables can help because new research indicates the the nitrates that they have can be transformed in NO.
5) Vitamin D can help because, modulates autoimmune system, reducing the inflammation and also avoid calcification.
6) Sleep at least 7 hours/day can help because reduce calcification.
7) Avoid stress and have blood pressure in normal levels.

Jesus
What are your thoughts with vitamin C deficiency being thought of as a big contributor to atherosclerosis?