Is the hypertension treatable or not?
My high blood pressure was just 150 last year during the physical examination. Before that, my HBP was about 130. A doctor said I got hypertension. Since my high blood pressure just reach 150, I would like to know how I can effectively treat or control the hypertension, medicine, exercise or what else? My weight is 183lb and I never smoke. I have no other disease. Thank you for your answer.
uhm... Yes to all the above.  Medication, Exorcise, diet.  You can get away without one or the other, exorcise or medication, but neither will do you any good without the right diet.  And you state that you have no other disease, does this include heart disease?  With a BP at 150/xx it's a very good possibility!
Why wouldn't it be treatable?  Most cases of hypertension are very treatable.  I think it is reasonable to start with the assumption that your own hypertension will be treatable, and go ahead and take care of yourself.  Good luck, compiler!
Hypertension is very treatable. Mine has been leveled out at 120/80 after suffering with elevations approximating 160/100 for almost a year after it peaked at 210/120 when I took a bad side effect reaction to a new medication I was trying. I will not mention the name of this medication because it does not effect all people the way it did me - I was the unlucky exception it seems. After a long period of trying different combinations of medications I am now on 10mg of Ramipril twice daily which has not caused me any bad side effects, not even limp **** syndrome, and it keeps my BP at 120/80 like clockwork. Not all medications work the same for everybody but this is my saving grace. I understand Ramipril has a beneficial side effect of strengthening the interior walls of veins and arteries as well. If your BP is over 140 on a fairly regular basis you should seek treatment immediately or you are causing yourself escalating damage that may not show up right away, but can cause you untold problems in the future. I hope this helps you make the right decision sir.
I did not take any medications but start running and walking and some times (not every day) take two meals a day. Well, the blood pressure has lowed from 150 to 125 within 3 months. Exercise and eat less are efficient and effective.