Heart Disease Expert Forum
Is this a heart problem?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Is this a heart problem?

I am a 15 year old boy who has been dealing with chronically cold hands and feet, debilitating fatigue, and increase of symptoms after eating.

After standing for a few minutes, my hands and feet become a dark shade of blue, and are very cold. My lower legs become incredibly itchy. However, I do not experience an increase in fatigue while standing up.

I have been tested for autoimmune disorders, thyroid problems, infectious diseases, diabetes/hypoglycemia, and many other diseases/conditions. I have been misdiagnosed multiple times in the past.

I am 100% percent sure that my symptoms are circulatory related. It seems that something is preventing enough blood to reach my brain and lower extremities, causing these symptoms.

What disorders would cause my hands and feet to become dark blue and itchy like that? Maybe something related to my heart?

THANKS!
I am sorry that you have been dealing with so many symptoms and have not had a diagnosis yet.  Unfortunately, it is impossible to say whether this is related to a circulatory issue or not.  There are cardiac conditions that can lead to cyanosis and a "blue hue" to some parts of the body (such as the lips) but are primarily related to congenital heart defects that are diagnosed very quickly at the time of birth due to the complex nature of these disorders.  If there are symptoms of shortness of breath, chest discomfort, light-headedness, or syncope, it may not be unreasonable to have an echocardiogram performed to assess the function of your left ventricle.  However, it would be extremely rare for this to be cardiac related if you are experiencing these symptoms only episodically (and not all of the time).  
Thanks for your response! Actually, I am experiencing these symptoms all the time, not episodically. My hands and feet are always slightly blue and splotchy, they just get much worse when I stand for more than a few minutes or exercise. I do feel short of breath, and I am lightheaded 24/7. Do you happen to know of any conditions that can cause these symptoms?

Thanks again!
bump