Heart Disease Community
Is this cardiac related?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Is this cardiac related?

My story is long and detailed. I will try and sum it up. I have been having troubles for years with being able to get a deep breath or complete a yawn. I have constant pain in my sternum and right side of my throat. I was told it was all due to reflux and after medication failed, I had a Nissen Fundoplication surgery. My heartburn is gone, but not the other symptoms.

I am diagnosed with anxiety. I do have anxiety attacks, but I do not believe that this has anything to do with the anxiety. I am on zoloft and ativan for the anxiety and it really helps. I have this burning pain under my Adams apple and pain in my right throat all the way to my sternum. Sometime it feel like it is all the way in to my right sinus. It sounds weird, but it seems like there just isn't enough room in my chest for my lungs to expand. There is pressure on my sternum when I breathe deem and I have heart palpitations a lot when I take a deep breath. It is weird. Feel like something in my sternum actually pushes against my heart. I am sure that is not actually what it is, but the only way to describe it. Very uncomfortable feeling and sometimes takes a few seconds to subside.

I have had thyroid tests, throat ct, chest ct, chest x ray,gastric emptying test...Name it, I've had it. I have been tested to great extent. Most recently had a heart cath. They ruled out heart issues, but sometimes I feel like they are wrong. Probably the anxiety talking. I hate it. I am miserable. I am a single father with custody of my two kids. I need to be healthy for them, but most of the time I feel like I cannot walk across the yard without getting out of breath and needing to rest. It is horrible, I feel 70 years old. Last year, a ENT removed my lingual tonsil. Said it was my problem. No change..

I feel this from the moment I wake up till I go to sleep. There are rarely any breaks in the discomfort. Once in a great while, i feel great and I long to feel that way always. Just so frustrated. I have run up a ton of medical bills and have not accomplished a thing. Anyone have any thoughts at all. I have posted in so many forums through all of this with no help, but still hope that someone can relate and have a similar experience.
It doesn't sound cardiac to me, you've been worked up pretty well and I doubt they would have missed anything cardiac related.