It hurts when i lay on my left side.
So i am not sure where to post this.

Anyways, I am 22.

It seems for the past few years, I have been getting sharp pains in my chest (feels like it is coming from my heart on the left side) whenever I lay on my left side.

When I was younger, I also used to get these 'attacks' where it hurt my heart to even breathe in or out. They are the same pains i feel when I lay on my left side.

What could be the cause of this?

Any suggestions will do.

I do plan to go to the doctors at some point because it is becoming more prominent. But I just want some input from random strangers. lol thanks
I have duplicated a response to another post that has the same sympoms.

Your symptoms are consistant with costochondritis. It is an inflammation of the cartilage that joins the ribs to the chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall.

If you have costochondiritis, you will be able to feel pain upon movement of your upper torso or when you touch your ribs. Most commonly, pain is felt on the LEFT SIDE of your chest, though chest pains on the right side, or even on both sides, can occur.

If your chest pains are making it difficult for you to complete your work, get a good night’s sleep, or even breathe deeply, it is important to visit with your health care provider. Chest pain in fibromyalgia is usually nothing to worry about, but occasionally it can indicate other problems