Just another person to talk too.
This discussion is related to Scimitar Syndrome.

My son Broady was born with Scimitar Snydrome. We spent 8 days in the NICU at Maggie and are still going to the docotor's and Children's every month. Along with the scimitar he has a vein that dosen't reconnect to his heart so his breathing is extremely high. I was just wondering what i am looking for in the future. Did you have allot of problems growing up? He is 6 months now, if you look at him you see nothing wront. Will he be able to play sports or run? Any help would be sooooo helpfull.

Keep in touch
***@****

Traci
I'm a 16 year old with Scimitar Syndrome, and it's never really impacted on my life. I can't run around as long as the other kids (but that's just mostly because I'm lazy) but it doesn't really matter. I do find myself becoming slightly short of breath when I talk fast/get excited, but it's nothing major.
And, this might be weird, but I've heard a lot of people have surgery when they have Scimitar Syndrome. Why? I've never had it, and I seem to be fine.
My daughter was born with TOF and scimitar syndrome is part of the anormality.  She is 4 months old and has undergone 3 caths, and open heart surgery to fix her problems. She also has congenital scoliosis and it's something that we can only monitor at the time to make sure it doesn't affect any of her organs, since she is too small to do any corrective surgeries.   She has  It is very scary to think what the future may hold for her.   Anyone grow up with TOF?  What have you experienced?  Where you able to live a "normal" life?