Just had a quiestion
bip
When someone has a abnormal ekg does a doctor have to tell you? Im not worried I was just wondering. I got a test done had to  I had a ekg a every hour for 3 hours 2 said borderline ekg and one said abnormal the doctor didn't tell me I looked and I shouldn't cause Im a worry wart.  I feel better I got this test done cause it was negative but could something else be wrong?
I apparently have been having abnormal EKGs for some time and they didn't tell me.  Maybe they just figured since I knew what my problem was I also knew that would result in an abnormal EKG.  I found out this week when I went to the cardiologist and he was discussing results of a stress test with me and he said "Well your EKG isn't any more abnormal than it usually is."  Go figure.  I had wondered before how I could have a normal EKG with my problem...now I know it wasn't.

Good luck to you.
bip
I had a fleciande test and Im thankful it was negative it relieved me my ep doc. told me don't worry what it said. What kind of problem are you having?
bip
the last quiestion was to you
bip,

I have some moderate valve regurgitation and mild left atrium enlargement.  The regurg is caused by my valve not closing correctly so the blood goes back where it shouldn't.  I didn't know that valve problems caused abnormal EKGs.  I do now though.  :-)  Also have had pvcs as long as I can remember.
bip
I got a echocardiogram a 2 of months ago and that came out normal so do you think I shouldn't have to worry?
You know there are so many peculiarities about the heart.  I am no doctor and have no real clue.  But I would follow up with the doctor and see if he can explain more about why the one was abnormal.  Maybe it is something they see all the time.  Also, echocardiograms are pretty amazing.  It would have displayed any structural abnormality so at least you know that is good.  Sometimes you just have to keep asking them questions.  They are generally in a hurry and don't take time to full explain unless you ask.
bip
I did ask my ep doc. he said don't worry what it said.  
I know that is easier said that done.  Did you get a physical copy of any reports?  Sometimes if you get those you can do some more investigation on your own with more detailed info.  I always ask my cardio for copies of the reports when I am in the office and they do not have a problem giving me a copy.  I think it is important because I had a cardiologies 10 years ago that sold his practice.  I recently tried to obtain those records for the new cardiologist and the company that bought his practice cannot locate them.  Ugh.
bip
Actually I usually do that but when I read and find out more I freak out that is why I don't like getting them anymore it's really tempting to do that but my anxiety level is bad when I read and Ill wonder if I have it.  That fine Im sure if my ep doc. thought it was something to worry about he would of said it he said nothing changed
Screw the computerized EKG's.  My husband and I BOTH had EKG's which stated a previous heart attack.  Had to go through all kind of tests just to find out that we NEVER had a heart attack.  My Cardiologist said "I'm getting tired of all these false heart attacks these computerized EKG's are spitting out".

In both our cases the doctors told us right there and then.  My EKG was done at the ER, and I never forget how excited this ER doctor was when he asked me "did you ever have a heart attack?" It scared the hell out of me.  I was referred to a Cardiologist.

In my husband's case his EKG was done at the Cardiologists office, and the Cardiologist read it right there and then and told my husband and ordered the appropreate tests.

You have a RIGHT to get copies of ALL your tests including heart tests which includes EKG's.  We have copies of all our tests.  If it was done at a hospital and the hospital does not have a "release of information" office, then go to medical records and request copies of your tests.  Some hospitals charge like 10 cents a copy.

That is good.  I understand about reading the reports.  Done the same myself.  Now I just get them and file them unless I didn't understand something or forgot to ask for something specific.  Since the last cardiologist lost the records though I want to make sure and have a copy in case they are ever needed for historical data.

All the best to you.
bip
Is it possible getting a borderline ekg and 2 hours later a abnormal ekg.  I ask my ep doc. why one said abnormal he said don't worry what it said.
Yes, with these new computerized EKG's it IS possible.  My EKG who showed a previous heart attack at the ER, did NOT show one when I saw the Cardiologist, but guess what?  I still had to go through all these tests "just in case" and just because ONE EKG was abnormal and said I had a heart attack.

Same with my husband, his second EKG did NOT say he had a previous heart attack, and again guess what?  He too had to go through all these tests.  Both of us saw two different Cardiologists, and both of us had our EKG's done at different places.

bip
Thank you for your help you know I worry alot. I asked my ep why it said abnormal and he said don't worry what it says.
LISTEN to the doctor. You are fine. He is telling you the truth. Be happy :-)
bip
Thank you I know Im fine I just keep saying In my mind nothing is wrong .you all are so helpful

THANK YOU