LDL-C apheresis
I had 3 heart attacks June 2010-October 2010. Have 6 stents in place. Doing ok for the last 3 months- no new episodes.

Cardiologist is sending me to a specialist who is doing LDL-C apheresis. From what I understand- its like dialysis that takes the cholesterol out of the system.

Have a family history of cholesterol control problems. I am currently on high dose Lipitor but not improving. I have been on other drugs too... Had a gastric bypass surgery two years ago and this affects my ability to absorb meds- thus the problem w/ Lipitor.

Wondering of anyone on the board has had this and can give me some insight into the pros and cons of the procedure...
Thanks,
Rita
This post might be duplicated because I already posted about 14 h ago, but it seems that was not post.

Rita,
I have no experience with this technique, but have you been tested for Vitamin D levels in blood serum? I have at least a paper that indicates that Atorvastatin cannot work with low levels of Vit. D... and you said that you have a gastric bypass, so I guess that, at some time, you had suffered obesity which is one of the causes for Vit. D deficiency.

If you want it I can send it to you.

Jesus