LDL
My LDL level is 132 and cholesterol is 210 and HDL is 63. What should I do now to be healthy?

This discussion is related to Free Live Web Chat w/ Cleveland Clinic Cardiologist - Noon Today!.
Much depends on your age and other risk factors for heart disease, but assuming you are under 50 and otherwise healthy, you are very close to your recommended levels. If you have two or more risks for heart disease your target LDL is under 100 which makes it a little tougher for you. Your HDL or good cholesterol is excellent and your LDL or bad cholesterol is just a couple points too high, certainly something I would attack with lifestyle changes rather than meds.

The best thing you can do is stay away from processed foods as much as possible. If it comes from a bag, box or window avoid it. Keep your intake of plant based foods up, veggies and fruit rather than fries and chips. Avoid empty carbs like sugars, pasta and breads. Also, ask your doctor about starting Omega 3 fatty acids like fish oil and while you're at it as about an exercise program that is right for you.

Again, your numbers are a little high, but certainly not bad enough for meds. I calculate your Tri's somewhere around 75 which is also very good. So just eat right and exercise and you should be fine.

Congrats on the numbers.

Jon
Theses numbers sound pretty good.  However, your triglyceride number is also important.  What is that number?  High triglycerides can lead to plaque formation in your blood vessels.  If your triglyceride number is high, you'll want to cut down on sugar intake.  

Exercise helps keep that HDL (your happy cholesterol) level up, as well as eating certain foods, such a pistachios and certain plant sterols (they make a buttery spread with these in it) can help.  Eating foods rich in the good omega fatty acids, such as omega 3 is good for your blood vessels also....  things like freshwater fish, flaxseed meal, walnuts, macadamias, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.