Heart Disease Community
LV wall thickness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

LV wall thickness

My LV wall thickness is increased. Segmental LV contractility is fair, thus overall LVEF is 80%
My question is it normal or is it problematic. I am faint 4-5 times in 15 days after that my ECG & Echo report shows these,is 80% is normal or not and what problems does it cost in future. What precautions should i take. And will it come in normal condition in future if i take proper precautions. What is normal condition % of LVEF
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, the ejection fraction value is good. The ejection fraction is a useful measure of left ventricular performance. The normal range is 63-77% for males and 55-75% for females. It reflects the pumping capacity of the heart. The LV thickness can increase due to hypertension. Do you have high blood pressure? Regards.