Heart Disease Expert Forum
Labile Hypertension? =exertional
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Labile Hypertension? =exertional

What exactly classifies Labile Hypertension. I have been mildly or "borderline hypertensive" on office visits for many years. Finally my internists opionion is that If I catch it at your worst, that's what I need to see. Seemed reasonable I suppose. When I exercise my pressure can go to 150 over 94 and at rest back down to 120/80. It appears the saem when I do strenuous work, etc. I am currently on low dose zestril that has me normotensove, other thna when I am "exerting". She stated that I might have labile hypertension and will increase my zestril as well as break it up through out the day as to control it when it "can get high from exertional activities". Is this condiditon terribly dangerous? Does it sound like labile hypertension? Doesn't blood presssure increase on exertion? I am 41 y/o male, 15 lbs overweight, no caffeine, no smoke and am careful with diet and take great supplementation. I am somewhat inactive with formal exercise, but run about with my four boys and other endeavors. I deal with Panic syndrome [previous posts make this obvious], and when I get into a "tizzy" my B.P. shoots upto 154/100 approx. and immediately normalizes once I regain my composure. Can' take B/Blockers for I my cardiologist told me that since it has a slowing effect on rate, it can poorly interact with the fact that my rate can ofetn go to 38-40 during sleep. Is Cozarr a better choice? Does the curent Zestril plan seem appropriate. P.S. Thanks for the past responses. You have been [and this whole Forum] ENORMOUS HELP to me! You have been given me honest answers, hope and food for thought. You are truly a blessing! Howard