Heart Disease Expert Forum
Labile Hypertension
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Labile Hypertension

I have recently been diagnosed with severe hypertension which is labile (60/40 - 235/149).  This was done with a 24 hr BP monitor.  I have had several weeks now of feeling dizzy, palpitations, headaches, short of breath chest pain, tingling hands, tiredness and being unbalanced (towards the left side mainly).  It all came to a head when I had a severe dizzy spell lasting 30 minutes which was not relieved by lying flat.

Had an echo and have pulmonary & aortic murmur with mild mitral regurg.  I understand that this is not significant and should not cause me symptoms.  I am worried about the hypertension and what is causing it.  I am on an ACE inhibitor now and following a negative VMA test he is happy that I have severe hypertension and will just treat it.

I can't help feeling that my symptoms should be shifting now if that's all it is.  I've been on the meds for 2 weeks and although the palpatations have gone, the headaches ( which ranges from a pressure to shapr temporal pain) and unbalanced feeling remain with the odd episode of fine tremors.

Should I battle on for further tests or just accept that it's labile hypertension?
I'm female, 46 yrs old and usually very fit and active.
Thanks